If you’re reminiscing about your wild college days, why not serve trash can drinks at your next home party? Here’s a list of how to make a trash can drink recipes for you to try, instead of blindly mixing everything together and throwing up later. Don’t forget to grab some chips on your way to the store!
How To Make A Trash Can Drink
In its truest sense, a trash can drink you see at college is essentially a potluck. Think about it: Everyone is encouraged to bring something to the party, and everything is dumped into the giant icebox. Whatever mix you make will be drunk by the entire party, no matter how gross the final product is.
While you want to get a feel for that college sense of “community”, as adults, you will not want to get a severe hangover or food poisoning before working the next day. Let’s learn how to make a trash can drink that will not wreck your stomach!
1. Irish Trash Can:
Rather than originating from Ireland, the drink actually gets its name from the bright green color of the end result. If you want this fun-looking drink to be on your table, gather these items:
- 15ml of gin
- 15ml of vodka
- 15ml of triple sec
- 15ml of light rum
- 15ml of peach schnapps
- 15ml of blue curaçao
- An entire can of Red Bull (or any energy drink of your choice)
Time the measurement by the number of attendants, and you’ll be good to go. Let’s get mixing:
- Chill a high glass with some ice first.
- Dump all the alcohol content in the previous list into the glass and stir vigorously. This helps all the alcohol combine and chill along with the glass!
- Crack open the can of Red Bull. Then, you’ll need to let the can pour as well as submerging the opening of the can inside the liquid in your glass. This way, the can will always be filling your glass.
- You can ask your guests to do the submerging themselves. That way, they’ll be able to witness the color change from blue to a luminescent green!
And that’s the first recipe for this how to make a trash can drink guide!
2. Jungle Juice:
Jungle Juice – also known more commonly as Fruit Punch – first came to being on pirate ships for the pirate sips! Pirates were known to add spices and citrus to wine in order to use them for longer, but they ended up drinking the entire concoction anyway.
The bowl of modern Jungle Juice is much more alcoholic. Thus, the name shifted into what we know it as it is today since people tend to get a little animalistic after drinking, to say the least. As to how to make a trash can drink of this type, here are the ingredients to make a bowl of Jungle Juice for eight to ten people:
- Around 3 liters of fruit punch or pre-made cherry Kool-Aid
- 250ml of pineapple juice
- 250ml of vodka
- 250ml of light rum
- 250ml of gin
- Some slices of pineapples or watermelon for decoration
After you’ve gathered the ingredients, let’s get to combine them all together:
- Chill the bowl with ice.
- Dump all the alcohol content into the bowl, and stir well with a ladle.
- Let the garnishes hang out on the bowl’s rim, or let them float in the liquid.
3. Adult Apple Juice:
The next drink on our “how to make a trash can drink” guide does not actually taste like apples, but that is the exact reason why people like it! Try this seven-serving recipe to turn up the heat in your next gathering with buddies:
- 3 liters of apple juice or cider
- 250ml of apple schnapps
- 250ml of coconut rum
- 250ml of light rum
- 250ml of vodka
- 3 liters of pineapple juice
- Fruit slices decorations
The steps on plating this drink are exactly like how you would with Jungle Juice! Just pull out your big glass bowl, and throw in a ladle for your people to scoop up as much as they want.
4. Orange Trash:
The final drink on this list is definitely not for breakfast. Our recipe calls for a group of six people, so keep it just in case you and your squad want to have this drink ready for a good time!
- 450ml of vodka
- 450ml of light rum
- 3-4 liters of orange juice
- 1,5-2 liters of fruit punch
- 1,5-2 liters of strawberry lemonade
- 1,5-2 liters of pineapple or orange juice
- Strips of orange zest for decorations
Once again, the fruit punch bowl is the ideal container of choice, so everyone can get their portion!
Tips On Making Trash Can Drinks
Trash can drinks are most suitable for crowds and large parties; that’s why the fruit punch bowl is the container of choice! All attendants are free to pour as much as they want into their own glass.
If you forget the specific measurements to the drink and forget the link for this article on how to make a trash can drink, try to go for 2:1 or 4:1 proportion between the juice/soft drink to actual alcohol.
To Sum Up
Trash can drinks sure are fun, but we are all responsible adults now. We hope that this how to make a trash can drink guide can help you get a feel of the old days without damaging your livers. Your body can only handle so many weird mixed drinks!