Writing an essay is a daunting task, especially if you are not good at writing. It becomes challenging to complete essays on time. Students face a lot of pressure when they have to meet a deadline. To top it all off, students have to write different kinds of essays. One such type is a reflective essay. Here are some ways to write an exceptional reflective essay in no time.
Steps for writing a reflective essay
A reflective essay allows you to share your thoughts and feelings about a specific event. You develop critical thinking skills when writing a reflective essay. Students are sometimes given to write a reflective essay, but they cannot write engaging content within the given deadline. There are plenty of essay writing services that will help you out with the process. You can hirean essay writing service Canada, for an excellent quality essay. If you are planning to write the essay on your own, then follow these steps when writing a reflective essay:
- Pick an event that could become the topic of your essay. When choosing a particular event, you should ask yourself how you feel about the event. Ask yourself the following questions about why you chose the event and how you think about it. Choosing a topic that resonates well with your thought process is essential. This will also allow you to create a thesis, which will serve as the main focal point of your essay;
- Create an outline and make a mind map. Present the thesis and draw a map around it. Identify all the main points and arguments which will support the main idea. It will help you coherently follow your thoughts and feelings. The essay must flow naturally. Create a flow diagram that will help you transparently follow the structure. Note down relevant points and present all your arguments.
- The term reflective tells you that one has to examine their life experiences. The author recounts a particular life experience and engages the reader or target audience. It can be inspirational and helps the reader get to know about your learning process;
- Write a compelling introductory note. You would want to get the attention of the reader straightaway;
- Present one point in each paragraph so that all the points you have gathered are highlighted;
- Write down supporting ideas and arguments in the body paragraphs;
- Write down a captivating conclusion.
Dos and don’ts when writing a reflective essay
When writing a reflective essay, you should keep a few things in mind. There are some dos and don’ts that you must follow:
Dos of writing a reflective essay
- Descriptively write your ideas;
- Even if it is a reflective essay, keep it as formal as possible;
- Make sure you follow a set format and structure: Introduction, body, and conclusion;
- Use facts and do not only narrate personal experiences.
Don’ts of writing a reflective essay
- It would be best if you were not too personal. Even though it is a reflective essay, remember you are writing an academic paper and not a personal note;
- Pick and choose one significant life-changing experience and work around it;
- If you write down different backgrounds, you will lose the essence of the most significant event you want to describe;
- Don’t write without first developing an outline;
- Present your thoughts in the most structured and organized manner.
Topics of reflective essays
There is a lot of pressure on students. They have to submit good-quality essays within the given timeframe. It isn’t easy to maintain quality and also meet deadlines. You can hire affordable writing services likecheap essay writing service canada to get your essay delivered on time. If you are planning to write a reflective essay on your own, then check out the topics of reflective essays below:
- A visit to a historical place;
- A conversation that changed you as a person;
- A life-changing experience;
- An excellent book that you read;
- Any worldwide phenomena that inspired you to become who you are today.
Common mistakes when writing a reflective essay
You can make plenty of mistakes when you plan to write a reflective essay. Here are some common mistakes students make:
- Never share a lot of your personal information;
- Don’t write your autobiography;
- It is not wise to narrate all sorts of experiences;
- Never choose a topic that you think would not be received well;
- Avoid writing on controversial subjects.
Key points to consider
Students who have to submit essays within the shortest possible deadline freak out. They are unable to meet tight deadlines. If you have problems submitting good quality essays, hire the best essay writing service canada to get the job done. If you are writing the essay on your own, then keep in mind the following points:
- Your introductory paragraph can give a hint about the concluding note;
- You can add pronouns as it is an account of your personal experience;
- Share your opinions in the end as to what went right or wrong.
These are some of the best tips for writing a reflective essay. Follow all the steps and make sure you don’t make any mistakes. Your professor will grade you well if the paper meets all the demands. A reflective essay allows you to express your thoughts, opinions, emotions, and feelings regarding any subject. Gather all the points and weave them together for the best essay in class.